About Author Profiles
Ranking is based on:
- The number of times an article has been cited by other articles and cases
- The number of times an article has been accessed by other HeinOnline users within a rolling 12-month period
- The number of times an article has been cited by articles written in the past 10 years
- The number of times an author’s articles have been cited by articles written within the past 12-24 months
How to Locate an Author Profile Page
Author profile pages can be located from the linked author name in HeinOnline search results.
Click the name displayed to be taken to the author profile page.
You have the option to email an author’s profile page to a recipient of your choice from this page. A subscription to HeinOnline is not required to view an author’s profile page. However, a subscription will be required to view the articles that link from the profile page.
How to Enhance an Author Profile Page
If an author already has articles in HeinOnline, a basic version of their page will automatically be created – compiling articles or providing a ranking. To enhance an author profile page by adding a photo, bio, and further information, follow these steps:
1. Fill out the form below.
2. Complete the linked form; you will be asked to provide the following:
- Email Address
- Birth Year
- ORCID ID#
- Author Biography
- Links to social media profiles such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Etc.
3. Once the form is submitted, a HeinOnline Support Representative will create the page and send you a draft for your approval.
4. Once approved, your enhanced profile page will be made available in HeinOnline.
New Author Profile Email Alert Added!
Users are now able to receive email alerts when works by authors of their choice are accessed by other HeinOnline researchers. This feature was developed thanks to a suggestion by Shawn Nevers, Deputy Librarian at Brigham Young University.
Once a user sets up email alerts, each month, users will receive an email listing the author’s articles and how many times each article was accessed.
You can also choose to recieve email alerts when new material for an author is added and when new articles added to HeinOnline cite the author’s articles.