About Author Profiles
Ranking is based on:
- The number of times an author has been cited by other articles and cases
- The number of times an author’s articles have been accessed by other HeinOnline users within a rolling 12-month period
- The number of times an author has been cited by articles written in the past 10 years
- The number of times an author’s articles have been cited by articles written within the past 12-24 months
How to Locate an Author Profile Page
Author profile pages can be located from the linked author name in HeinOnline search results.
Click the name displayed to be taken to the author profile page.
You have the option to email an author’s profile page to a recipient of your choice from this page. A subscription to HeinOnline is not required to view an author’s profile page. However, a subscription will be required to view the articles that link from the profile page.
How to Enhance an Author Profile Page
If an author already has articles in HeinOnline, a basic version of their page will automatically be created – compiling articles or providing a ranking. To enhance an author profile page by adding a photo, bio, and further information, follow these steps:
1. Fill out the form below.
2. Complete the linked form; you will be asked to provide the following:
- Email Address
- Birth Year
- ORCID ID#
- Author Biography
- Links to social media profiles such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Etc.
3. A HeinOnline Support Representative will enhance the author’s profile using the information provided in the form and notify the submitter once the information is available in HeinOnline.
New Author Profile Email Alert Added!
We have enhanced our Author Profile Pages yet again with the help of machine learning and natural language processing tools!
Users can now receive email alerts when articles are added to HeinOnline that are similar to those written by a specific author. Authors who write on particular subjects will love this feature! We would like to thank Mary Whisner, from the University of Washington School of Law, for this suggestion!