We have released the 2013#4 update to the Index to Foreign Legal Periodicals (IFLP) which has now grown to more than 320,000 index records, 285,000 articles and 34,000 book review listings across more than 500 periodicals. With release 2013#4 there are 3,093 new articles, 190 new collection articles, and 297 new reviews for a total of 3,500 new records. The additions include the following new journals and special collections:
- European Energy Journal (Netherlands) (ISSN 2211-9175)
- Journal of Islamic State Practices in International Law (UK) (ISSN 1742-4941)
- Revista de Derecho Privado (Colombia) (ISSN 1909-7794)
- Canon law, religion, and politics : liber amicorum Robert Somerville, 2012
- Governing ocean resources : new challenges and emerging regimes : a tribute to Judge Choon-Ho Park, 2013
- Ius romanum, ius commune, ius hodiernum : studies in honour of Eltjo J.H. Schrage on the occasion of his 65th birthday, 2010
- International arbitration : contemporary issues and innovations, 2013
- Islam and English law : rights, responsibilities, and the place of Shari’a, 2013
- Law and (in)equalities : contemporary perspectives : Festschrift in honour of Professor Mahendra P. Singh, 2010
- Liber amicorum en l’honneur de Serge Lazareff, 2011
- Le 90e anniversaire de Boutros Boutros-Ghali : Hommage du curatorium à son président / The 90th birthday of Boutros Boutros-Ghali : tribute of the Curatorium to its President, 2012
Things to Know When Searching IFLP:
1) When you are searching the Law Journal Library collection if you are an IFLP subscriber, a parallel search of IFLP will be automatically performed and you will have the option to “See also: results from Index to Foreign Legal Periodicals.
2) If you are a subscriber, you will also get all IFLP results when you perform a one box search of all subscribed collections from the Welcome Page.
3) If you have Branding set up for your HeinOnline account, you can do even more with IFLP. With branding, your users will automatically be linked to your library’s catalog records and resources. With branding you also have the option to turn on Boalt Express, from which you can purchase individual copies of articles that are not available in HeinOnline. IFLP gives your users more options to find the information they need.
4) For editions prior to 1985 you can select the browse option and review the books individually. To search content prior to 1985, you must use the digital Print Edition. To search the print index, first click “Print Edition (1960-)” from the browse options.
Then click click the “Search” button along the top of the screen. From the sidebar, you can select “Search IFLP Print Edition.”
This will take you to a separate search screen to search the digital print index. When you click on view matching text pages, your searched terms will be highlighted in green.
5) There are links to the full text of more than 40,000 articles and book reviews in more than 155 periodicals that are available in HeinOnline. Where an article is available in HeinOnline there will be a direct link to the article. By clicking the link, you’ll be taken directly to the article.
Should you wish you get more information about adding Index to Foreign Legal Periodicals to your collection, please contact our marketing department.