Last year we began posting monthly updates to our World Constitutions Illustrated Library here, on our blog. We have continued to send quarterly e-mail updates regarding new documents, new titles, and new linking in the World’s Constitutions Illustrated library.
Not signed up for e-mails? Click Here»
With the May release, 56 new documents and 23 new titles have been added to World Constitutions Illustrated; see below for details.
- A consolidated text of the Constitution of 1981, as amended to 1988, has been added.
- Constitution of 1988 has been amended again, by the 88th Constitutional Amendment of May 2015.
- The amendment concerns both the Constitution and the Transititional Constitutions Provisions Act. We provide the text of the amending law from 3 sources including the official gazette, and the consolidated Portuguese text from three sources.
- 6 French texts have been added concerning the Constitution of 1961: the original text, and consolidations of 1967 (17 February and 13 December), 1968, 1969 and 1979.
- The Thirty-First Amendment of the Constitution (Children) Act recieved assent on 28 April 2015 and was brought into force. The text of the amending law in English and Gaelic has been added.
- The Fourth Amendment of the Constitution Act, 2001 from the official gazette.
- The Constitution of 1917 has been amended again, by Decree published in the official gazette of 22 May 2015. We include the text of the amending law and 3 versions of the Spanish text. We have updated our own current/latest translation. This is the 221st amendment to the Constitution of 1917
- The Ministry of Law, Justice and Human Rights has now updated its consolidated English text to include the provisions of the latest amendment, the Twenty-first Amendment Act of this January past. We also include the texts of the 10th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 16th and 17th Amendment Acts from the period 1987 to 2003.
- An additional Spanish edition of the current/latest Constitution of 1972 in the Restatement of 2004 has been added, this is from the Office of the Defender of the People.
- 11 documents have been added
- The English and Slovenian texts of the Basic Constitutional Charter of 1991, and English translations of the 9 amending laws of 1997 to 2013 to the Constitution of 1991
The Nineteenth Amendment to the Constitution was certified on 15 May 2015. We include the English, Sinhala and Tamil texts of the amending law.
English texts of the 1st through 9th amendments, from the Government Printer. These concern the period from 1978 to 1984.
- An original text of the Constitution of 1968, from the Government Printer.
- Two Spanish editions of the Constitution of 1829/30.
Following are notable new titles available this month:
21 Volume Set – Repertorio Universale e Ragionato di Giurispridenzia e Quistoni di Dritto (1824-1836) – Merlin
1 Volume Set – Cours Public d'Histoire du Droit Politique et Constitutionnel (1831) – J.L.E. Ortolan
1 Volume Set – Constitutions de la France et du Systeme Politique de l'Empereur Napoleon (1852) – Edmond de Beauverger
1 Volume Set – Reggimento Costituzionale Nelle sue Relazioni Collo Stato Attuale Della Scienza Sociale e Politica (1862) – C.G. Hello
1 Volume Set – Constitutions Nationales Belges de l'Ancien Regime a l'Epoque de l'Invasion Francaise de 1794 (1875) – Edmond Poullet