We are pleased to introduce Animal Studies: Law, Welfare, and Rights to HeinOnline. Consisting of more than 650 titles and nearly 300,000 pages related to animal law, this collection is an indispensable addition to your curriculum. Animal Studies: Law, Welfare, and Rights aims to establish the foundational laws pertaining to animals and follow the evolution of these rights throughout the years. It includes everything from philosophical books published in the 1800's to videos, periodicals, and brochures.
Featuring Works on:
- Basic Rights of Animals
- Moral Responsibility
- Evolution of Animal Rights
- Higher Law Rights for Animals
- Animal Rights Movement
- Wildlife Protection
- And More!
Includes Material from the Animal Legal Defense Fund and Animal Welfare Institute
Animal Legal Defense Fund
The Animal Legal Defense Fund was founded in 1979 and has since paved the way for stronger anti-cruelty laws and more humane treatment of animals. The mission of ALDF is to protect the lives and advance the interests of animals through the legal system. They work to file lawsuits to stop animal abuse, provide free legal assistance to prosecutors handling cruelty cases, encourage the federal government to enforce existing anumal prosecution laws, offer public education through seminars and workships, and work to facilitate the future of animal law through the Student Animal Legal Defense fund chapters and their Animal Law Program.
- Animals Advocate, 1985-Current
- ALDF Update – 17v. (1990-2010)
- Model Animal Protection Laws, 2010
- U.S. Animal Protection Laws and Rankings, 2006-2014
- And More!
Animal Welfare Institute
The Animal Welfare Institute was founded in 1951 for the purpose of ending suffering of animals caused by people. The Institute was founded originally to stop the use of animals for experimentation but has since expanded to include all human actions detrimental to endangered species, including fighting the destruction of natural forests containing ancient trees, stopping pollution of the oceans that endanger marine life, and shutting down cruel animal factories that raise and slaughter animals. The AWI works to protect animals by implementing non-animal testing methods and prevention of painful experiments on animals in high schools.
- Animal Welfare Approved Newsletter, v. 1-7, (2008-2014)
- AWI Quarterly, 1951-Current
- Crimes without Consequences: The Enforcement of Humane Slaughter in the United States, 2008
- Humane Slaughter Update (Comparing State and Federal Enforcement of Human Slaughter Laws) 2010
- Animals and Their Legal Rights: A Survey of American Laws from 1641 to 1968: 1st-4th Editions
- And More!