Updates from January to Date
Since our last content news update, we have updated 18 countries and added more than 100 new titles to the World Constitutions Illustrated database.
We will continue to post constitutional content news right here in the HeinOnline blog. Be sure to subscribe to our blog to receive notifications when new posts are published!
- The Federal Constitutional Law was amended again by Federal Act No. 14 on January 15, 2019. Now included is the text of the amending law from the Bundesgesetzblatt, and the consolidated text of the Federal
Chancellery, both in German.
- Now available is Act No. 9 of 2005, and the amending law to the Constitution of 1966.
- Recently added was the text and translation of the draft of the new constitution for Cuba. On December 22, 2018, the National Assembly adopted the final text. Now available is the Spanish text.
- The consolidated Spanish text of the Constitution of 2008 which includes the amendments adopted at the Referendum on February 4, 2018 is now available.
- In 2017, we added the amended text of the Constitution of 1995 as amended by Law No. 1456 on October 7, 2017, together with the text of Law. No. 1324 which presented a complete restatement of the Constitution. Now available is the final text, as further restated by Law No. 2071 on March 23, 2018. We have the complete text in both English and Georgian.
- The Constitution of 1982 was amended for the first time since 2013 by Decree No. 200-2018 as ratified by Decree No. 2-2019. Now included are the texts of the decrees from the official gazette La Gaceta, and the consolidate text of the Judicial Power. We also updated the current translation.
- The Constitution of 1949/1950 was amended by the 103rd Amendment Act on January 12, 2019. Now available is the text of the amending law from the Gazette of India.
- In 2018, we added the text of the Bill of the 37th Amendment Act, which was adopted at the Referendum on October 26, 2018. The text of the Act, as promulgated on November 27, 2018, together with the consolidated text in both English and Gaelic, is now available.
- The Constitution of 1993 was further amended by the Eighth Amendment Act, Act No. 8 of 2018, which was published in the Lesotho Government Gazette on December 21, 2018. The text of this amending law is now available.
- Articles 40 and 41 of the Constitution of 1964 were amended by Act III of 2019, the Public Administration Act, 2019. Now available is the text of the Act and the consolidated text of the Constitution, in both English and Maltese.
- The Constitution of 1991 was amended at the Referendum on August 5, 2017. The two Constitutional Laws were then promulgated and published in the Journal Officiel on August 15, 2017. The Journal Officiel is now accessible and the latest translation has been updated. Also available is the consolidated texts which include translations in both French and Arabic.
- The Constitution of 1917 was amended for the first time by Decree published in the official gazette Diario Oficial on March 14, 2019. The text of the amending law, and the consolidated texts of the Chamber of Deputies and of the Juridical Order are now available, as well as an updated translation.
- The Basic Law of 1815, in the version of 1983, was amended by law published in the Staatsblad, of 2018: 43. Subsequently, a Royal Order commanded publication of the consolidated text in the Staatsblad (2019: 33). These are now available, together with the consolidated texts of the Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations, in Dutch, English, French, German and Spanish.
- Nearly 30 documents are now available including amending laws to the Constitutions of 1904 and 1946. These typically come in pairs: an initial adoption, and subsequent ratification following a renewal of the National Assembly.
- Additional Spanish texts from the official gazette Gaceta Oficial and other official printings are available concerning the Constitutions of 1855, 1875, 1904 and 1940/41.
- The Constitution of 1993 was further amended at the Referendum on December 9, 2018. Three of the four amendment proposals were adopted, and promulgated as Laws Nos. 30904, 30905 and 30906 on January 9, 2019. Text from the official gazette El Peruano is now available and the current translation has been updated. Lastly, the National Congress has also made its own Spanish consolidated text, which is also available.
- The Constitution of 1960 was further amended by three amending laws on January 31, 2019. The text of these three laws is available in both English and Samoan.
- Now available is the amendment of the Constitution of 1993 by Act No. 8 of 2018, a coincidental reflection of constitutional dates and act numbers with Lesotho.
- Now available are updated consolidated texts of four of the fundamental laws which form parts the Swedish Constitution: the Freedom of the Press Act of 1949, the Instrument of Government of 1974, the Fundamental Law on Freedom of Expression of 1991, and the Riksdag Act of 2014. In the first and third cases, amendment and abrogation required renumbering of most of the text.
- The English translation of the amended Art. 88 is now available, in addition to the French, German and Italian texts of the amendment adopted at the Referendum on September 23, 2018.
- Amendments adopted at the Referenda on March 4 and September 23, 2018, are now available in the official compilation of the laws of Switzerland, translated in French, German and Italian. Additionally, the Federal Council has updated its English, French, German, Italian, and Romansch texts correspondingly.