Back in October, we updated researchers on the content that was released in the World Constitutions Illustrated database from July to October 2019. Read below to find out what new documents have been added to this ever-growing database.
Updates from November to Date
Since our last content news update, we have updated 16 countries and added 110 new titles to the World Constitutions Illustrated database.
We will continue to post constitutional content news right here in the HeinOnline blog. Be sure to subscribe to our blog to receive notifications when new posts are published!
Now available is the consolidated German text of the Federal Chancellery concerning the Federal Constitutional Law, as in force on January 1, 2020.
We have added:
- 20 documents including Ordinances and Decrees in French from 1969-1990.
- Amendments and related documents to the Fundamental Law of the People’s Republic of Benin of 1977.
- The French translation of the amendments to the Constitution of 1990 as revised on November 7, 2019.
- The text of the African Charter on the Rights of Man and of Peoples from June 27, 1981.
- English, Arabic, and French texts from volume 1520 of the UN Treaty Series.
We have added:
- The amending law from the Diario Oficial, as well as the current consolidated text from the Chamber of Deputies, the Senate, and the Presidency for the Constitutional Amendment No. 102 that was promulgated on September 26, 2019. Also available is Professor Keith Rosenn’s translation of the Constitution, the Additional Constitutional Provisions Act, and the texts of the amending law.
- The text of the amending law from the Constitution of 1988 which was amended on November 12, 2019, by Constitutional Amendment No. 103, concerning the reform of the system of social security.
- Two additional amendments to the Constitution of 1988 on December 4, 2019, and December 12, 2019.
Now available is the text of the amendment to the Constitution of 1980 as revised on December 23, 2019. This substantially amends Chapter XV and will initiate the process for the drafting of a new constitution.
We have added the English translation of the amending Resolution of March 11, 2018 and the corresponding consolidated text as made available by the National People’s Congress.
We added the text of the Presidency of the amending law of September 18, 2019 for the Constitution of 1991. We also include the Spanish text from the Ministry of Justice. Additionally, we have updated our own current translation correspondingly.
Now available is the Finnish texts of the Form of Government of 1919, the Act on the High Court of Impeachment, and the Ministerial Responsibility Act of 1922 from the Finlands Forfattningssammling, the official collection of the laws.
We added the draft text and Explanatory Memorandum from November 13, 2019 for the replacement of the Constitution of 1996/7, supplied by the Constitutional Review Commission of The Gambia.
The text of the amending law of October 16, 2018, from the official gazette Latvijas Vestnesis for the Constitution of 1922 is now available. Also available is the current consolidated text in Latvian and English.
Now available is the English and Malay official texts of the amendment Act A1603 of September 4, 2019, for the Constitution of 1963.
We have added:
- Our own translation of Ordinance No. 1 of November 28, 1968, which established the structure of government.
- The French Decree No. 60-28 of France concerning the Specific Accords signed on April 4, 1960.
- Our own translation of the Constitution of Mali promulgated on July 1, 1974.
- Two translations concerning the Constitution of the Sudanese Republic of 1959: the original text, and the amending Law No. 60-23 of July 26, 1960
Now available is the text of the amending law of the Constitution of 1917 published in the Diario Oficial. Also available is the current consolidated text of the Chamber of Deputies.
We added eight documents concerning the Autonomous Region of Bougainville, including the autonomy constitution of 2004 and its amendment of 2015.
The French text of Law No. 61-63 of November 12, 1961, which amends the four Articles of the Constitution of 1960, is now available.
Now available are new editions of the Constitution of 1999/2000 as in force on January 1, 2002 in French, German, and Italian.
Russian and Tajik texts of the Constitution of 1994, as amended by the Ministry of Justice, are now available, as well as the Decision of the Constitution Court on February 4, 2016, certifying that the draft amendments were in compliance with the Constitution.
Stay tuned for our next update!
For help searching or navigating World Constitutions Illustrated, check out our LibGuide!
World Constitutions Illustrated LibGuide