May is always a special month for us here at Hein—it marks the anniversary of HeinOnline! This year, our online research platform is turning 21.
We’re celebrating this year by celebrating you! While you check out what we’ve added in the past month, don’t miss your chance to win a $500 Visa® gift card. Keep reading to learn how to win!
MAY 2021 CONTENT RELEASE SUMMARY
Updated databases: 57
New titles: 1,344
New volumes: 1,944
New pages added last month: 681,693
Total pages in HeinOnline: 194,626,227
Highlights from the Past Month
1. We’re Giving Away a $500 Visa® Gift Card for Our 21st Birthday!
It’s hard to believe that we have been serving the library and academic community in an online setting for more than 2 decades. To celebrate, do you want to go on a shopping spree courtesy of HeinOnline? Watch this short video to learn how you can enter to win. Then, travel back down memory lane with this blog post!
2. Database Name Change! Indigenous Peoples of the Americas: History, Culture & Law
In October 2011, we were pleased to add the American Indian Law Collection to our list of special subject-specific databases.
We recognize the troubled history surrounding the terms “American Indian” and “Native American.” For this reason, we have decided to rename the database to the following: Indigenous Peoples of the Americas: History, Culture & Law. Learn more about the name change in this recent blog post.
3. World Constitutions Illustrated Received Another Significant Update
Since our last content news update, we have updated 49 countries and added 211 new titles to the World Constitutions Illustrated database. Read this blog post to find out what new documents have been added to this ever-growing database.
4. Brett Kavanaugh’s Nomination Hearings Added to History of Supreme Court Nominations
HeinOnline was pleased to announce this month that we’ve completed the online volumes in The Supreme Court of the United States: Hearings and Reports on Successful and Unsuccessful Nominations of Supreme Court Justices by the Senate Judiciary Committee. We were able to complete this series with the latest release of Associate Justice Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination hearings, material so voluminous that it comprises 8 volumes. Learn about Kavanaugh’s controversial nomination process and find the related materials in this blog post.
5. We Showed New Users How to Get Started in HeinOnline
6. We Gave You a Guide for Locating House and Senate Reports
Both new and experienced users benefit from two easy ways to find House and Senate reports—a popular document request! We showed you how to find them this past month in this quick video tutorial and this blog post guide.
LibGuides Added This Month
If you’re new to HeinOnline or have basic getting started questions, follow this guide that covers how to log in, navigate the Welcome page, perform a search, and more.
HeinOnline’s ScholarCheck is a series of tools and features integrated throughout HeinOnline to help researchers quickly locate related material throughout the interface. Learn how to use them in this guide.
We continue to add to our growing list of database-specific LibGuides. Check out this guide to using the U.S. Treaties & Agreements Library.
Major Database Updates
We’ve added a ton of content to some of our most popular HeinOnline databases! Check out the substantial additions this month:
- The Law Journal Library continues to grow with the addition of 9 new journals.
- 268 hearings, 149 CRS reports, and 16 committee prints were added to the U.S. Congressional Documents database.
- The Serial Set grew by the addition of more than 320 volumes and nearly 220,000 pages.
- 201 titles were added to Preview of United States Supreme Court Cases.
- Legal Classics grew by 99 titles.
- Executive Privilege grew by 56 titles.
- World Constitutions Illustrated grew by 49 titles.
- 42 titles were added to Religion and the Law.
- 29 titles were added to Taxation & Economic Reform in America: Parts I & II.
- History of International Law grew by 27 titles.
That’s not all! Expand each collection below to discover additional updates, along with our favorite titles from each addition.
But wait, there’s more! Access the comprehensive list of all new material added and updated in the May 2021 Content Release.