Index to Foreign Legal Periodicals (IFLP)
Produced by the American Association of Law Libraries, the Index to Foreign Legal Periodicals is the preeminent multilingual index to articles and book reviews appearing in over 600 legal journals published worldwide. It provides in-depth coverage of public and private international law, comparative and foreign law, and the law of all jurisdictions. IFLP also analyzes the contents of selected individually published collections of legal essays, Festschriften, Mélanges, and congress reports each year.
- The only available multilingual legal journal index
- Covers most jurisdictions in 26 languages
- The best index for locating the most relevant periodicals
Index to Foreign Legal Periodicals is a publication of the American Association of Law Libraries, compiled and edited by the staff at Berkeley Law Library at the University of California.
The Index to Foreign Legal Periodicals is the preeminent multilingual index to articles and book reviews appearing in nearly 600 legal journals published worldwide. IFLP provides in-depth coverage of not only international law, but also U.S. law, comparative law, common law, civil law, and more. IFLP also analyzes the contents of approximately fifty individually published collections of legal essays, Festschriften, Mélanges, and congress reports each year.
ABOUT THE DATABASE
Hosted in HeinOnline, Index to Foreign Legal Periodicals is composed of more than 375,000 index records, fully searchable by various access points or by keyword. Indexing for IFLP is meticulously maintained by trained lawyers and law librarians fluent in the language of the journal they index, on behalf of the American Association of Law Libraries (AALL).
Included in the Multilingual Index:
- Fully-searchable indexing from 1985 forward
- Full-text linking to nearly 62,000 articles and book reviews
- Access to the digitized version of the entire print Index dating back to 1960
- ISSN & ISBN linking to your local library catalog or WorldCat
- OpenURL linking to resources at your library
- Ability to quickly view all articles indexed by a specific author
- Ability to save/bookmark index records to a MyHein personal research account
As a subject index to selected international and comparative law documents, the hundreds of subjects within IFLP include:
✓ Gender Identity
✓ Labor Law
✓ Medical Ethics
✓ Data Protection
✓ Family Law
✓ And more!
“The decision to go with HeinOnline was simple. Hein offered a robust search engine, an ability to link to the full text of journal literature, and an interest in further developing the database.”MARCI HOFFMAN, IFLP GENERAL EDITOR