As a member of our team at HeinOnline, you will play a pivotal role in developing, enhancing, and maintaining our industry-leading software solutions. Candidates should have an interest in cutting-edge technologies like AI and Machine Learning. Hybrid and full remote work options are available for this position depending on the applicant’s location.
What We Do
For a century, William S. Hein & Co., Inc. has remained dedicated to the library community as a family-run publishing enterprise. With a rich history, Hein began as a reputable publisher of original legal works, a major reprinter of legal classics and rare government documents, and the global leader in distributing legal periodicals.
With the 20th century’s close came the challenge of adapting to the internet era and fulfilling customers’ electronic resource needs. Hein responded by creating HeinOnline, a premier online research platform. This platform, featuring over 208 million pages, covers a vast range of periodicals, government documents, global resources, case law, and more—a central hub for comprehensive legal research. HeinOnline is a trusted resource for thousands of academic institutions, law firms, public libraries, and government organizations in more than 170 countries.
What’s more, we are committed to continually working towards developing an environment where diversity, equity, and inclusion are all embedded in our culture and how we do business. We want each person to feel like they belong here and that there is space for them to be their whole and unique self. We encourage all gender identities, ethnicities, people with disabilities, and members of underrepresented minority communities to apply.
Who We Are
Don’t just take our word for it; hear firsthand from our own employees about their experiences and how they describe our company and workplace culture. Their voices provide valuable insights into the genuine and exceptional environment we strive to create. The following are the words used by our employees to describe our workplace
With a strong emphasis on work-life balance, this company’s culture promotes a supportive environment where employees feel valued, inspired, and motivated to excel.
At the Hein Company, we firmly believe that if you take care of your employees, they will take care of you. Our benefits package is just one way we ensure employees are happy and healthy.
- Paid Holidays (9.5 days per year)
- Paid Time Off
- Personal Time (unlimited for Salaried employees)
- Paid Parental Time Off (3-weeks of paid leave)
- Health Insurance (up to 100% paid)
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical & Dependent care)
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401k Safe Harbor Contributions (3% after 1 year)
- 401k Discretionary Profit-Sharing Contributions (~12% after 1 year)
- 401k Employee Contributions (after 60 days)
- Performance & Year-End Bonuses
- On-site Fitness Center & UB Walking Trails
- In-House Chef who prepares breakfast, lunch, & take-home dinners
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Work/Life Balance Focused
- Smart Casual Dress Code (Jeans are a-okay)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adjustable Sit/Stand Workstations
- Massage Chairs
- Complementary Bus Pass
What Our Employees Are Saying
Life at the Hein Company
Watch these videos for an inside look at some of the daily jobs and activities we undertake at the Hein Company, providing a glimpse into our dynamic workplace.