This subcollection contains a vast collection of treaties, including:
- United Nations Treaty Series, 1946-current
- League of Nations Treaty Series, 1920-1946
- Monthly Statement of Treaties and International Agreements, 1993-current
- International Court of Justice, Reports of Judgments Advisory Opinions and Orders, 1947-current
- Reports of International Arbitral Awards, 1948-current
- Many more!
The International Court of Justice (ICJ) settles disputes between states and gives advisory opinions on international legal issues referred to it by the UN. Publications of the ICJ are published in several series. These include (1) Judgments, Advisory Opinions and Orders; (2) Pleadings, Oral Arguments, Documents; and (3) Yearbooks.
- Compulsory Jurisdiction, International Court of Justice. Hearings Before a Subcommittee of the Committee on
Foreign Relations, United States Senate, Seventy-Ninth Congress, Second Session, on S. Res. 196
- Facsimile of the Charter of the United Nations, Statute of the International Court of Justice, and Interim
- International Court of Justice, Selected Documents relating to the Drafting of the Statute
- International Court of Justice; Its Role in the Maintenance of International Peace and SecurityN
United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) is the core legal body of the UN system in the field of international trade law, with universal membership specializing in commercial law reform worldwide for more than 50 years. The business of this body is the modernization and harmonization of rules on international business.
More than 70 texts are available, including:
- Convention on the Limitation Period in the International Sale of Goods
- Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards
- Digest of Case Law on the United Nations Convention on the International Sales of Goods – 2008 Revision
- Enforcing Arbitration Awards under the New York Convention
The Yearbook is the principal reference work of the UN and provides a detailed overview of the organization’s activities.
This subcollection includes titles such as:
- Yearbook of the International Law Commission, 1949-Current
- International Court of Justice Yearbook, 1946-Current
- Commission on International Trade Law Yearbook, 1969-Current
- Juridical Yearbook, 1963-Current
- Yearbook on Human Rights, 1946-1988 (All Published)
International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea (ITLOS)
This subcollection contains more than 100 titles published by ITLOS, an independent judicial body established by the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea to adjudicate disputes arising out of the interpretation and application of the Convention.
United Nations Serials
More than 35 unique serial publications centered on and around the activities of the UN can found in this subcollection.
Codification and Progressive Development of International Law
Find publications on the more precise formulation and systemization of rules of international law, as well as the preparation of conventions on subjects which have not yet been regulated by international law.
United Nations Institute for Disarmament Research (UNIDIR)
Browse more than 430 titles on UNIDIR’s action-oriented research program that brings together perspectives on national, regional, and international security, as well as disarmament and development, with a fundamental focus on human security.
Other Related Works
A grouping of more than 1,000 additional works connected and related to the United Nations, both published by the UN and by other organizations and entities, can also be found in this online collection.