As the attendees flooded in for the Opening Reception to the AALL 2023 Conference, our Hein reps could feel the excitement in the air. While last year’s conference was in person, attendance was still a bit low. This year the floor came alive with the hum of conversations and laughter. Handshakes were exchanged, warm hugs were shared, and as always, the conference proved to be a platform for collective growth. Hearing the stories of our customers, witnessing the impact of our products firsthand, and feeling the unity of the community invigorated our commitment to excellence. Here’s a brief recap of everything we covered this year at our booth.
New Databases with Perpetual Access for One Low Price!
Browse and search through a collection of thousands of subject-coded titles that illustrate the nuances and complexities of elections and voting systems—the lifeblood of democracy—both in America and across the globe.
Explore the plight and successes of America’s working class with HeinOnline’s editorialized collection of more than 10,000 titles that illuminate the history of labor conditions and employment law in the United States.
A highly editorialized collection dedicated to understanding the complex interplay of state and federal laws that govern all aspects of water in society, from municipal use to restoring its pristine condition.
New Databases Included Free in Select Core Packages!
More than 3,500 reports from the Law Library of Congress on foreign, comparative, and international law—all in one easy-to-navigate collection.
Explore the world of the Judge Advocate General’s Corps (JAG) with this extensive collection, curated in collaboration with the William Winthrop Memorial Library of the U.S. Army JAG School.
With tens of millions of pages to sift through in HeinOnline, refining your search queries has never been faster or more efficient.
IFLP Alerts allow individuals to tailor custom alerts delivered via email as a personalized supplement to the monthly IFLP issue.
THE SERIAL SET IS COMPLETE!
After five years, we are thrilled to announce that the Serial Set is now 100% complete in HeinOnline with more than 14 million pages and 380,000 records. We are especially grateful for those who donated materials.
Here are some other notable updates:
- Nearly 200 titles from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University were added to our Air and Space Law database.
- We added more than 13,000 recently disclosed documents from the National Archives and Records Administration to the JFK Assassination Collection.
- Users are now able to access more than 330 titles from UCLA School of Law’s Williams Institute in the LGBTQ+ Rights Collection.
- New continued learning content from ALI and ABA can now be found in the American Law Institute Library.
- HeinOnline became an official KBART-endorsed vendor.
- National Survey of State Laws 9th Edition was released, including three years of updates for every chapter and four new chapters.
- Two new subcollections were added to the New York Legal Research Library at no additional charge.
- Nearly 800,000 pages from more than 700 new titles were added to the Indigenous Peoples of America database, including publications from Native Nations Law & Policy Center.
Coming Soon to HeinOnline
We are thrilled to unveil a sneak peek into new and upcoming features and databases!
State Commitments With Foreign Governments
An upcoming print and online publication that compiles a comprehensive collection of state commitments with foreign governments, a resource which currently does not exist on any platform.
English Nominative Reports
Our aim is to become the most comprehensive source for nominative reports, which cover case law before official reports were published by the government.
Public Information Online (PIO)
A partnership with Public Information Online, a comprehensive online research service provided by Dandy Booksellers based in London. This is the only resource that allows users to cross-search government publications from parliaments in Westminster, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Wales.
West Academic Casebooks
HeinOnline has partnered with West Academic Publishing to provide a digital archive collection of thousands of casebooks from the American Casebook Series, Nutshell Series, and Hornbook Series.
Organization of American States (OAS)
Content from the world’s oldest regional organization, originating with the First International Conference of American States held in 1889-1890.
Liking and Commenting
Powered via MyHein
- Express appreciation for valuable content with a simple click
- Fosters a sense of community
- Enables dynamic discussions and exchange of insights
- Ask questions and provide feedback
- HeinOnline authors automatically receive a “verified” badge when liking or commenting, which will link to their author profile page. Don’t worry, we won’t charge you for it!
Revamped Welcome Page
Enhanced User Experience
- Existing functionalities will remain the same, but the design and layout will be modernized
- Ability to filter databases by:
- Database type
- View new and popular databases
- Easier navigation and access to scholarly resources
This year we had so much room for activities. From scavenger hunts, to prize wheels, to selfies with Steve, there wasn’t a dull moment.
Scavenger Hunt: Thanks to our friends at the American Bar Association, Cassidy Cataloguing, Courtroom Insight, Edward Elgar Publishing, and PowerNotes, we were able to host a scavenger hunt. Attendees were provided a hint that directed them to a specific vendor’s booth where they received a stamp. At the end of the conference, we drew one lucky winner, Jaime Klausner, who received a $600 Visa gift card. Thank you to everyone who participated!
Prize Wheel: This year we had a prize wheel. If you attended a demo, you were eligible to spin our prize wheel, which included up to $1,000 in airline vouchers, limited-time HeinOnline mugs, Hein blue guys, magnetic bookmarks, and selfies with Steve (everyone’s favorite sales rep).
In case you missed out on all the fun, check out some pictures that were snapped.
Did you miss our demos? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Peruse the slides for all our demos below.
See You in the Windy City!
We’ve already started analyzing the feedback we received from customers and can’t wait to see what next year’s conference in Chicago will bring. So, keep those brilliant ideas and suggestions coming; we’re all ears! You’ve been the driving force behind our continuous growth and improvement, and we’re deeply humbled by the privilege to serve you. Thank you for being part of the HeinOnline family.